Wednesday, September 28, 2011

That Darn Cat!

So I have a cat. Her name is Jelly (I will explain!) and she is just the best. She is an absolute nut but I love her. The story of how she came into my life is kind of a strange one so I figured I'd share. I think it was around February or March of 2010 and my boyfriend was going to school in Newark. He was a member of a fraternity so every now and then we would hang out at their house. The backyard was kinda small but nice. Well, as nice as a backyard in Newark can be. There was a small patio with a grill, a little grassy area, and a wood platform that they used as a stage. This is where Jelly and I first met.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. The story begins a few days earlier. I was laying in bed late one night watching tv. There must have been a commercial for Jello right before I fell asleep because I had the strangest dream about it that night. I was outside in my backyard next to an old grey shed that we have. Strange noises started coming from under the shed so I decided to take a look. As I got closer the noises got louder. Something was under there. I knelt down to take a closer look and found a small orange cat curled up in the dirt under the shed. I started speaking to her (somehow I knew she was a girl) and she eventually came out. And the last thing I can remember before waking up was that she had a collar around her neck with a tag that read "Jell-O" but I decided to call her Jelly for short. 

The next morning I woke up thinking, "Well, that was strange." But of course as the day wore on I forgot about it until I got a phone call that afternoon. It was my boyfriend. He said that there was a small cat living under the little stage in the backyard of the frat house. I said, "How weird! I just had a dream there was a cat under my shed!" I told my parents about it later that night. My mother got a sick look on her face and my father made it very clear that we have two dogs already we DO NOT need another animal in the house!

The next weekend I went down to visit and we ended up having a bbq at the frat house. The minute I stepped into the backyard I saw her. She was adorable. A tiny black and white kitten. I sat down in a chair and she jumped right into my lap. From that moment all was lost. I knew I could not leave this small creature to fend for herself in the middle of Newark. She was my cat now. They asked what I'd name her and I thought for a moment. The dream! This is her! It's JELLY! It was fate. I took her home the next morning (much to my father's chagrin) and we have been together ever since!

Her crazy antics always keep me laughing
She loves to climb into small places

She's an attack cat! 

 
She loves to do the laundry

But most of all she loves to snuggle! 



No comments:

Post a Comment