Monday, January 30, 2012

Byzantine Revisited

The Byzantine weave has always been one of my favorites. It is super easy to make but looks really intricate and impressive when finished. So this year for Christmas I bought myself a little gift. It was a book about chainmaille and beading and all of the patterns were based around the byzantine weave. I had used this weave in many of my necklaces but never realized all of the possibilities. The book illustrated many different ways to attach small segments of the byzantine weave to create very interesting designs. So I flipped through the pages and found a pattern that I really liked. It was super fun to make and now that I have experimented with lots of different ways to use the segments I can't wait to come up with some more original designs!




3 comments: