Sunday, January 22, 2012

Excuse Me Jessica Simpson, Stop Stealing My Ideas.

For the longest time I had refused to get my ears pierced. Not for any reason in particular. I wasn't afraid that it would hurt and certainly didn't find pierced ears offensive, I just felt no compelling need to do it. Finally one of my good friends said, "enough is enough" and took me to get them pierced. As a jewelry designer I was so happy to have a brand new variety of jewelry to make and kicked myself for not doing it sooner. So this year, before Christmas I was browsing the Macy's jewelry counter for my first pair of big girl earrings!
I wasn't able to find a pair that called out to me but as I was looking I found something else that made me stop in my tracks. I looked up at a rack of necklaces and came face to face with the necklace that I had just finished working on the night before. It was a necklace of bugle beads tied in a knot connected to a chain. I looked at the label and saw that it was from a Jessica Simpson collection I couldn't believe it. A few days before I was shopping at AC Moore and the bugle beads caught my eye. Since I had never used them before I figured it would be fun to experiment. I played around with the design and eventually settled on the one pictured on the right. I was so proud of my new original design. Turns out Jessica beat me to the punch. At least she has good taste in jewelry!

1 comment:

  1. Damn you Jessica Simpson! I think we know whose necklace is prettier, though ;)

    ReplyDelete